Wednesday, October 29, 2008

It's all Greek to me



Finding information about Greek basketball makes finding information about Turkish or Chinese basketball seem like a walk in the park with ice cream and cake and balloons.

I've found the main website of the Hellenic Basketball Federation, but finding the part of the site that pertains to women's basketball, to boxscores, and the like still eludes me.

Eurobasket is a help, and I've found a schedule believe it or not. It seems that games are played every Sunday. The next game for Palea Faliro (Kristin Haynie's new team) will be Athinaikos (2-0) vs. Paleo Faliro (2-0) on November 1st. Athinaikos is a Eurocup level team, and there are about four or five Greek teams in the Eurocup. Paleo Faliro is not one of them.

Can I find a boxscore? A writeup? A picture? "Reply Hazy, Ask Again Later".

No comments: