Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Breaking News: Ann Strother to China



I have some news from someone in the Atlanta Dream organization (haven't gotten permission to state their name) that Ann Strother left Friday to join the Jiangsu team of the WCBA in China. The team plays its games in Nanking.

During a 75-74 win by Jiangsu against Shanghai in Nanjin on Tuesday, a player by the name of "An Sizhou" (Chinese characters: 安·斯卓 ) scored 4 points on 1-for-9 shooting. "An" is listed as a foreign player and she's of the right height approximately. I would attribute the 1 for 9 shooting to jet lag, myself.

We have 100 percent confirmation that Strother will be playing in the WCBA and we have 90 percent confirmation that this "An Sizhou" is probably her. When I can find out more from the Chinese media and Translate Google, I'll be right on it.

No comments: