Sunday, September 13, 2009

Lehning Day-to-Day



According to the Mystics Insider, Shalee Lehning is now day-to-day with a left shoulder injury. As a commenter noted in an earlier post, Lehning will have an MRI on Monday.

P. S.: Also, from the Mystics Insider:

My story for tomorrow's paper is about Lindsey Harding, who led all scorers with 25 points to help reach the WNBA postseason for the first time in her career. Coach Julie Plank told reporters that prior to the game Harding had specifically requested to guard Atlanta's leading scorer, guard Iziane Castro Marques.

"The past few games she's been scoring over 20 points and shooting over 20 times I just wanted to lock her down," Harding said. "She's a really quick player and I know that I'm fast. I just wanted to lock her down and make her shots difficult, find a way to slow her down. I've never been in this position in the WNBA where I can control if we're going to the playoffs or not. All day I was so excited for this game. I wanted to win. I've had losing seasons [in my career]. So to have a chance to go to the playoffs it's just such a real thrill."


Well, if the goal was to lock Iziane down, Castro Marques went 6-for-17 with 17 points. If Iziane had hit two more free throws - she was 2-for-4 - it would have been 19 points. I hardly call that "locking Iziane down". The only player scoring more points than Iziane was McCoughtry.

No comments: