Monday, December 8, 2008
...to the Atlanta Dream! Lyttle is a 6-4, 193 pound forward out of the University of Houston. Her defensive prowess instantly makes the Dream a better team. I suspect that she'll become a starter in Atlanta.
My Draft Analysis:
1. Dream - Sancho Lyttle. The best player available in the dispersal draft ends up in Atlanta.
2. Mystics - Matee Ajavon. Washington, as usual, heads right to the roulette wheel and puts it all on #1, Matee Ajavon. Why do I suspect that they're going to come out of the casino with empty pockets again?
3. Sky - Mistie Williams. Why no Shannon Johnson? Is she thinking about retirement?
4. Lynx - Roneeka Hodges. Best on the board if Shannon Johnson not available.
5. Mercury - Sequoia Holmes. Better to choose Erica White or Tamecka Dixon first.
6. Indiana - Erica White. The Fever get a small guard.
7. Monarchs - Renae Camino. Hey, if she ever decides to play in America, the Monarchs have got her.
Everyone else passed.
Not chosen: Shannon Johnson, Tamecka Dixon. I suspect they were not chosen due to cost or other factors.
Once again, a big welcome to Sancho Lyttle. She's a real A+ player!