Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Shalee Is Blogging!



At the Garden City Telegram in Southwest Kansas, they have a new writer. Her name is Shalee Lehning. You might have heard of her.

Her blog entry is here. Warning: this is a very long blog entry. (The only warning is in finding the time to read it all...trust me, we love long player blogs.) Shalee writes about her experiences in making the team.

"Before every game, home and away, organizations offer optional chapel to the players from both teams. It is completely optional but I think it is so neat to see players from both teams gather together before the game for a greater purpose. None of us would even have the chance to play basketball if we wouldn’t have been blessed with a gift so I love seeing players who realize and recognize it for what it is. "

Another quote:

"When my dad got here I told him I had a surprise for him. I took him downtown to a place called Atlantic Station which has a lot of great eating places and some places to shop. Then I took him to the Atlanta Braves baseball game. It was such a fun evening for the two of us. We don’t get to spend a lot of alone time together like that so we really enjoyed it. He kept saying, “I can’t believe you are a professional athlete just like these guys are!” I was like I know it is hard to fathom huh dad?"

And:

"I do have one rule though. If you watch the game on the Internet I still expect you to YELL and SCREAM just like you would if you were actually at the game. I don’t think that is too much to ask! I’m planning on doing a Blog for the rest of the summer so I will keep you updated."

I hope that's a promise, Shalee!

4 comments:

afoundingfan said...

OK that was effing, er, darn adorable. I wish her all the best. Thanks for posting.

Ethan said...

"I do have one rule though. If you watch the game on the Internet I still expect you to YELL and SCREAM just like you would if you were actually at the game.["]

For the record, I do. Same with DVR'd WPS games (they're on live while I'm at work).

Joy said...

Shalee is an amazing person and this most recent blog entry illustrates some of the reasons she is admired by countless Kansans. She truly appreciates every blessing she has in life and is not taking her experience on the Dream for granted. Because of her, my family will soon be hitting the road to Atlanta! We love you Shalee!!!

anonymous1 said...

Thanks for the link. Nice read, she seems like a genuine person. Hopefully we will see more shooting from her this season. I think she has the potential to be a solid player in the league.