Monday, July 13, 2009

Izi Won't Come Back to Brazil if Bassul Coaches



The Painel do Basquete Feminino reports from Brazilian media that Hortência Marcari, the head of women's basketball in Brazil, was told by Iziane Castro Marques that she will not play for the Brazilian national team as long as Paulo Bassul is the coach.

Castro Marques's statements regarding the matter?

"We never closed the door for selection, but Paul and I have not able to work together. He does not accept my basketball, I said that."

"I will not have respect for a person like Bassul and he will not be able to teach me anything."


Bassul didn't argue, saying that Iziane has the right to think what she wants to think. Hortência hasn't completely given up, but she's now saying that the Brazilian team will simply go on without Castro Marques if necessary.

One would think that Castro Marques's statements should end the drama, but I suspect that it's not over yet.

1 comment:

Ethan said...

Be the first on your block to sport an Izi t-shirt with the caption, "accept her basketball".

Maybe that will be the W's slogan in 2010. :-)