Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Erika Excited About Being an All-Star



The WNBA website interviews Erika de Souza on being named to the WNBA Eastern Conference All-Star team.

Some quotes:


How special is this to be named one of the first All-Stars in Atlanta Dream history?

This is a big deal. To be in the All-Star Game, it is so important for me and for the Dream. Last year was so difficult; we were trying to give our best in the league, in the first season of the team. As for myself, I had two good games and then got injured for almost the rest of the season. So, this is the reason this opportunity is so important; it shows the improvement we are having as a team and me as a WNBA player.

(* * *)

Talk about leaving the WNBA after one season to go play in Spain and then returning five years later. You were an MVP over there, was it a matter of feeling like you accomplished everything you could?

I missed many things about the WNBA. I always look for the group results. It is true that Ros Casares have been winning everything inside Spain over the past two years. Another important thing for me, it is the Brazilian team. We have a young team and I still have to help my people to have good results in the important international championships.



Something tells me we'll be seeing Erika in the Olympics in three years.

No comments: