Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Angel McCoughtry: "This One is for Heather"



Angel McCoughtry writes for her rookie WNBA blog. Ever read about WNBA players not wanting to attend season ticket holder events? Well, if that soured you a bit, Angel's blog post will make you think.

Before our Indiana game I got a phone call from someone in Louisville they said a young girl named Heather wanted to come to one of the games but she can't! The reason was because she had cancer. Heather is only 12 years old but she has leukemia in the blood.

...

Before I got to know Heather I was very frustrated because I wasn't getting a lot of playing time. I would be the first one in the gym and the last one to leave, I would lift extra and do everything coach asked me to do but I still couldn't figure out why I wasn't playing. But after meeting Heather I realized my problems just aren't that bad and I am truly blessed! God has a plan for us all.


No comments: