Thursday, July 30, 2009
The Diamond Rating consists of players who might be great if they could just get starter's minutes. (I've limited the list to players who have played at least 100 minutes so far this year.) A player has to play > 2 minutes a game but < 21 minutes a game to get on the list.
The formula is based on Wins Score. For a deeper explanation, search the blog and look up "Diamond Rating".
Diamond Rating Leaders
1. Kara Braxton, Shock (23.59)
2. Courtney Paris, Monarchs (20.98)
3. Megan Frazee, Silver Stars (18.58)
4. DeWanna Bonner, Mercury (17.01)
5. Michelle Snow, Dream (15.22)
6. Kristin Haynie, Shock (13.88)
7. Rebekkah Brunson, Monarchs (13.63)
8. Vanessa Hayden, Sparks (13.44)
9. Tiffany Jackson, Liberty (13.34)
10. Sidney Spencer, Liberty (13.07)
Many of these players could be spoken of as "trade bait" - you can expect rookies like Paris, Bonner and Frazee to stay right where they are unless the right deal is made.
Already on some message boards, Snow is being spoken of as someone that another team might want to acquire. Meadors made a deal last year, trading Kristen Mann to the Fever for Alison Bales - the first game that Bales played in, we won and the trade turned out to be a plus for the Dream.
So my question: if we trade Snow, what would we want in return?