Friday, September 12, 2008

AJC Dreams On


...but in Atlanta, you might not know that the Dream had beaten anybody.

There isn't a single "Dream beats Sparks" article anywhere on the Atlanta Journal-Constitution website. Yes, the win came past the print deadline, but this is the internet era, baby! How hard is it for you to throw the AP writeup on the web page?

I'd write a nasty e-mail, but guess what? There's no general comments e-mail address to be seen anywhere on the AJC.

This, among several other reasons, is why I don't bother picking up the local paper. If I need Georgia Bulldogs football coverage, I'll head to the nearest f@#$ing bar and pull up a seat next to the local drunk.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

The AJC has done a great job of not covering the Dream.

Looks like Jenna Marina, the intern who covered the team, is gone; they assigned other writers to cover the last two home games after the Olympic break; no features, no article once the break was over.

If I were writing the AJC I'd go right to Angela Tuck, not the Sports Editor; something tells me if you wrote the sports editor, your email would be deleted so fast it would make Armintie Price look like my grandmother.

At the same time, I wonder...what did the organization do to try to get coverage...

Anonymous said...

My own sources tell me that Jenna Marina is definitely gone. The AJC decided not to hire her after her internship was over. She's probably already moved out of Atlanta by now.

And yes, what did the organization do to get coverage? I wonder about that myself.

Anonymous said...

That just sucks that they don't have anything about the win.

Didn't know Jenna was gone. That's too bad. But I just sent an email to Mike Knobler (mknobler@ajc.com) who's been writing some of the more recent articles about the Dream. I want to know where the story about last night's win is??!!

Anonymous said...

Scarab, if I was a betting person, I'd bet that Knobler drew the short stick in the newsroom with regards to covering the Dream's last game or two. I hope I'm wrong (but I doubt it).

Anonymous said...

AFF, you're probably right about Knobler. Which also means he doesn't call the shots...just writes what he's assigned.

But still...I needed to email someone over there. Maybe he'll at least show it to his supervisor.

Anonymous said...

The snail mail address for the AJC is:

Person
Title (if known)
c/o the Atlanta Journal-Constitution
P. O. Box 4689
Atlanta, GA 30302

Q McCall said...

Sad, sad story...

Hard for a league to grow when the media is working against it...

Unknown said...

Contact the king of editors in Julia Wallace at the AJC. You may get somewhere by simpling emailing her which is take jdwallace@ajc.com.