Friday, July 18, 2008

Friendly Calls



From Frisco Del Rosario's journal, regarding the trials and tribulations of being a Sacramento Monarchs fan:

[16 Jul 200811:01am]
Traci Westmoreland called as part of the customer service aspect of her job as Sacramento Monarchs business development executive/season ticket account manager.

"Are you getting all the mail? Did you receive the media guide? And the gift for season ticket holders?" she said.


I don't know if our season tix holders have ever gotten friendly calls. One of the Atlanta tix holders will have to answer that.

"Yep, yep," I said. "Gonna wear my Kristin Haynie jersey Friday, and my Phoenix Mercury jersey next Thursday."

I'm hoping that you'll occasionally cheer, "GO DREAM!" It's easy once you get the hang of it. (/ducks) Although if you get another call, you might ask Sacramento either to update their official blog (one month old now), or just take it down.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got an email asking for money...

I do think that once the organization has a chance to BREATHE after putting together its entire operation in only a few months, they will focus on doing things for their customers. At least I hope so, for the sake of their survival.

Anonymous said...

I'm hoping that you'll occasionally cheer, "GO DREAM!" It's easy once you get the hang of it.

I'm a sucker for the underdog, which is probably why I gravitated to the WNBA this season. And ATL is the underest of underdogs, so I think about them a lot. I was shooting hoops today thinking about Katie Feenstra (she is 3" taller than me) and wondering why she misses such easy shots. Then I kept sending up bricks and mortar, answering my question, sorta.

Anyway, I saw that thw WNBA store was selling customized jerseys, and unfortunately ATL was not an option or I might have ordered up a Feenstra jersey. She's my "adopt a player" for 2008. :-)

I mighta scared the children, wearing that jersey to the rec center.

Anonymous said...

Yes, my rep has called...She stays in touch...