Thursday, August 20, 2009

Mechelle Voepel Writes About Sancho Lyttle



Mechelle Voepel, ESPN reporter and women's basketball reporter extraordinaire, devotes a column at ESPN to Sancho Lyttle.

An excerpt:

In Atlanta, Lyttle definitely has found a good home on court. She's having her best season in the WNBA, averaging 13.3 points, 7.6 rebounds and 2.1 steals. And she has been well-matched inside with center Erika de Souza and forward Chamique Holdsclaw.

"When I first started, I was a '5' player with my back to the basket, so everything that I did was from there," Lyttle said. "And then every year, different coaches put me in different spots, so I kept getting further from the basket. Now, I'm playing more as a 4, and so there's always something new for me to learn.

"My game is changing a lot -- I can still post up, but now I've got to shoot more, flash more. The learning curve is still going to be there every year."


No comments: