Tuesday, February 2, 2010

McCoughtry and Kosice an "Angelic" Match



Paul Nilsen over at FibaEurope.com writes about the success that Angel McCoughtry has had playing for the Good Angels Kosice:

It was such a great honour to be picked number one in the WNBA Draft - an honour that I will relish for the rest of my life. The WNBA experience was so different from the College experience. I'm playing with professionals now - that can really play. When I went to Atlanta I knew I would love it there and I do. It's a great city. You get better when you have a great surrounding cast, and I have that in Atlanta. Anything new at first takes time to adapt and since it was my rookie season, I had to learn fast.

My coach would always tell me I'm going to be great once I learn the system. Once you know what's expected of you, you work hard and try to be the best you can be.

...

I have been blessed to have a very good great coach on the Good Angels team and as well as competitive team members. I'm therefore very happy to be on this team and with this coach. Also, having Candice Dupree from the US really helped my transition. I've learned and gained experience from this league. Being in EuroLeague Women I've not just been in Slovakia of course, but also Paris, Prague, and Madrid and I am travelling to Italy this week. One day some of my team members and I travelled to Budapest and these are just beautiful, beautiful places! It's been so much fun and I'm so glad to be a part of this club!



Among other things, McCoughtry tells us that she's always looked up to Lisa Leslie and that she prefers to go by the nickname of "Angel Face". We at the Pleasant Dreams Blog will definitely comply!

No comments: