Friday, April 10, 2009

The First Blurb



Work promises to be busy today, so I'll provide the barest of information. I woke up at 3 am in New York City, took the plane out of LaGuardia at 6:30, and was back to work at 10:15 am. So obviously, I have a lot of work to catch up with. Blogging is light today.

* As you all know, Katie Mattera was waived by the Dream. Somewhere in Atlanta, Art Eckman is wearing a black armband.

* In exchange for one of our extraneous second-round draft picks, Ashley Shields was traded to the Dream. More on that later.

* Atlanta gets an Angel. Angel McCoughtry, that is, who becomes the very first #1 Draft Pick for the Atlanta Dream in the 2009 WNBA Draft.

* Shalee Lehning out of Kansas State and Jessica Morrow out of Baylor become Atlanta's second and third round draft picks.

2 comments:

pilight said...

Are you going to the Meet the #1s event on Monday? Maybe I'll see you there.

pt said...

pilight, unfortunately I can't do it, or it's very unlikely that I will. I was hoping to come, but I had to miss work to go to the Draft Event and it's unlikely I'll be able to finagle my way out of work on Monday. I have to work until 6 pm, sometimes later, and my understanding is that the event is at 6:30 pm.

Hoping, however, to get in touch with you in person. Either at a Dream game or hey, maybe at a Mercer game or somewhere.