Saturday, January 31, 2009
Accoring to Jim Fuller at the Jim Fuller at the New Haven Register, we have a prospective date for the 2009 WNBA Draft.
It will be on April 9, 2009 at 3 pm somewhere in New Jersey. Where, I don't know yet, but at least we have a date and (half of) a place.
With all of the trades going on - I won't be mentioning them - the 2009 WNBA Draft Order has changed. Here is the new draft order:
8. New York
9. Minnesota (from Los Angeles through Washington) *
13. Los Angeles (from San Antonio through Atlanta) **
14. San Antonio (from Atlanta)
15. Minnesota (from Washington) *
17. Connecticut (from Minnesota) *
21. New York
22. Los Angeles
23. Washington (from Connecticut through Minnesota) *
24. Washington (from Detroit)
25. Atlanta (from Seattle)
26. San Antonio
34. Phoenix (from New York)
35. Los Angeles
39. San Antonio
* - Minnesota exchanged Lindsey Harding and their second round draft picks in 2009 and 2010 for Washington's first and second round draft picks in 2009. Washington's second round pick in 2009 - the #23 position - came from a conditional right to swap second round picks with Connecticut; we can only assume that they will.
** - Atlanta traded their first round draft pick obtained from San Antonio to Los Angeles for the rights to negotiate with Chamique Holdsclaw.