Saturday, January 10, 2009
Some thoughts on the Tennessee/Texas women's basketball game on December 15th, which Texas won 73-59.
1. Despite both Glory Johnson and Shekinna Stricklen being in foul trouble, coach Pat Summitt managed to keep her team in the game.
2. Brittainey Raven is going to be amazing for Texas as a senior.
3. Tennessee can't shoot free throws to save their life.
4. During the Rutgers game, it was emphasized that Pat Summitt isn't screaming at her players the way she was last year - they're freshmen and sophomores, and she can't afford to break their spirits.
5. I wonder how much this game contributed to Tennessee's comeback win against Rutgers.
6. I liked the overhead shots that FSN Rocky Mountains used.
7. Unfortunately, FSN also cut out eight minutes of the second part of the first half. One minute, Texas is up by four, the next minute there's less than a minute left in the first half and Tennessee has tied it.