Sunday, September 27, 2009

E1/2009 - Ekaterinburg 64, Ros Casares 57




Erika doin' work.

I suppose that Erika de Souza just isn't the kind of person who takes two weeks off. Surprisingly...she played in the pre-season game between Spanish club Ros Casares and Russian club Ekaterinburg, which took place yesterday only a week away from the end of the Atlanta Dream's season.

A writeup of the game is here. The game was in honor of the 10th anniversary of the foundation of Ros Casares. I believe both teams are going to play again today; I'll find out what I can.

Erika de Souza scored 21 points for Ros Casares. I don't think any other major WNBA player played. Anna Montañana wasn't there. None of Ekaterinburg's big guns like Ann Wauters were there. Finding a box score is...well, I can't find it. Then again, it's only an exhibition game.

At least, it should give Erika de Souza a good warm-up.

2 comments:

Sue Favor said...

It's nice to have a kindred spirit here on the web. I'm going to a high school league tomorrow night to check out the action, because my WNBA season is over and it's time to move on.

:)

pt said...

Yup. I'm just waiting for Georgia Tech basketball to tip off.