Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Jennifer Lacy Profiled in California Paper



The Ventura Country Star Writes a profile on Jennifer Lacy:

Lacy led the West Coast Conference in scoring during her senior year and led Pepperdine in rebounding. But statistics don’t define her role with the Dream.

“I am a vocal leader and I think I inspire my teammates in the way I play and the way I come to practice every day,” said Lacy, who is averaging 3.3 points and 2.0 rebounds. “I bring that tenacity to the team and I am a defense-first player. I go out there feisty and I think my teammates feed off that and respect that.”

Lacy is the daughter of former major league baseball player Lee Lacy, and their relationship has been the answer to trivia questions used during timeouts at games.

“He is always giving me advice about sports and how there are peaks and valleys, ups and downs and ins and outs,” Lacy said. “He really inspired me and it is pretty incredible to be able to follow in his footsteps of being a professional athlete.”


It's an interesting read. I learned some things I didn't know before.

No comments: