This was another tough loss for the Dream, who are now 0-4 to start the season. It was very much a reminder of the game against the Shock -- the Dream led by eight after the first quarter, led by six going into halftime but could simply not hang on to the lead. What was really sad was that this might have been one of our best chances to get our first win.
1) Betty Lennox scored 29 points, finally having a good night. She was Tuesday night's WNBA scoring leader.
2) The "Brazilian Connection" of Erika DeSouza and Iziane "Izi" Castro Marques combined for 23 points. Marques made a shot in the fourth quarter that managed to close the Mystics lead to one, 71-70.
3) The Dream scored 20 points off 16 Washington turnovers. The Dream stole the ball 11 times to the Mystics' 2.
4) Ivory Latta finally woke up and scored, going 4-9 with 10 total points.
1) Alana Beard couldn't be stopped. She scored seven of the final nine points for Washington.
2) The Dream were outrebounded 41-20. Ugh. The Dream, in particular, only had three offensive rebounds.
3) DeSouza had some sort of ankle injury. When she left to take care of it, she did not return to the game.
4) "All the wins aren't going to be pretty and at the end of the season they don't say one good win, one bad win. We'll take them all, blind, crippled, limping, ugly, beautiful. We'll take anything here." -- Taj McWilliams-Franklin, Mystics.
The Dream would take one of those wins. Seriously.
According to Washington fans, the Mystics radio announcer left the mike, claiming that he had to go to the bathroom.