Friday, July 17, 2009

Big Booms



According to the Associated Press, Lauren Jackson of the Seattle Storm is out indefinitely with an Achilles injury. She will pretty much be day to day. She will remain in Seattle for the treatment of the injury.

With Jackson off the court, you'd think the front runner for MVP would be Diana Taurasi. However, her status is up in the air after her court date in Phoenix for drunk driving charges. The Mercury didn't wait for the league to take action and suspended Taurasi for two games without pay (remember, the WNBA season is only 34 games long.) She will be suspended for the July 18th and July 22nd games.

Taursi made the following statement:

“I am deeply sorry and embarrassed for causing this distraction for my teammates, the Phoenix Mercury, the WNBA, family and fans. While I cannot say more with regards to the specifics of the case, I do want to make sure that everyone knows how much I appreciate their support and that I’ve learned a valuable lesson. I am committed to making sure a lot of good comes from this experience.”

The WNBA said, "sounds good to us" and passed the buck on any further action.

No comments: