Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Starters for 2009 All-Star Game Named



The starters for the 2009 All-Star Game have been named. The winners:

Eastern Conference:

G: Katie Douglas and Alana Beard. Beard has dropped a little since I considered her an All-Star starter; I don't know if I'd still make her one. She was, however, good when the voting was taking place. Katie Douglas? I can deal with that decision.

F: Candice Dupree and Tamika Catchings. No problems with the vote.

C: Sylvia Fowles. You could always let Erika de Souza start in her place, but I think that Big Syl might be healed up before the festivities start.

Western Conference

G: Sue Bird and Becky Hammon: Bird, OK. Hammon? Either it was the Hammonites flooding the ballot box or Diana Taurasi was deliberately screwed by the WNBA. I call shenanigans.

F: Lauren Jackson and Swin Cash: Jackson, definitely. Cash? I don't know which is the bigger goofy choice, Cash or Hammon. Both great players, but not deserving of All-Star starts in 2009.

C: Lisa Leslie: Sentimental vote entirely. Not deserving of the honor, though. Maybe people voted for her because she was the only player they had heard of.

Oh well. The really interesting announcement will be the reserves. I'd like to see both Lyttle and de Souza named as reserves; I'll settle for one of them.

No comments: