Saturday, May 16, 2009

Erika de Souza Returns: Last Year with the Dream?



ThePainel do Basquete Feminino blog has some quotes from Erika de Souza, who will be playing for the Dream after helping Ros Casares win its sixth Spanish League championship. (The link is translated into English.)

It was with great nostalgia for my country. The first thing I did was hug my family and true friends. The Atlanta gave me a few days off before the presentation and decided to review the staff, and resolve some issues as bureaucratic renewal of visa for the United States. I have one more year of contract.

Hmmm. Looks like the Dream have more tough decisions after 2009.

On her relationship with Iziane Castro Marques:

It's great to have company in the Brazilian team. I have a very good relationship with Iziane. Despite all that talk about it, we believe in. We were team mates of the NCB and has defended the Brazilian team at the same time. We started together in basketball, we are friends and, furthermore, it helps me a lot with the English, because my stuff is not there.

Definitely a euphemism. I've never seen Erika speak a word of English, Izi does all the speaking for her.

No comments: