Saturday, July 12, 2008

New York Times Article about the Dream



Looks like we made the pages of the Grey Lady.

An excerpt:

Meadors was brought on board partly because she had endured W.N.B.A. start-ups as a coach with the Charlotte Sting and director of scouting for the Miami Sol. Prospective players were screened for character. Bolen said a spiritual foundation was not a factor in roster selection, but many of the players said prayer sustained them during the drought, which set a record for W.N.B.A. futility when the losing streak reached 14 games.

“I hate to get all religion on you, but I try to have faith in whatever he has planned for me,” forward Jennifer Lacy said.


A must read, so go read.

P. S. Heads up to the Women's Hoops Blog.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the sidebar link! The WNBA page is here. Not sure if you want to link to the front page during the off-season when I start my 39 part series on pocket lint. :-)