Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Iziane Gets Some Help from the Senate



The Painel do Basquete Feminino reports on a blog entry at the Blog Laguna, that Iziane Castro Marques might be returning to the Brazilian women's basketball team - because she has the support of Brazilian senator José Sarney.

"I met with the Sarney here in St. Louis at the end of the year, and he wants me to go back to shine in the national team. I told the senator that if Bassul out, I'll come back.Nevertheless, I do not know how much support it can influence on my return, "said the player DAILY yesterday.

José Sarney is not just any other Brazilian politician - he is the current President of the Senate in Brazil and he was the former President of Brazil. Influential? Definitely.

My prediction is that Bassul is toast. Iziane will be playing for Brazil. The fix is in.

No comments: