Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Dream Season Ticket Holder Event at Georgia Tech





Holdsclaw and Orender at tonight's game. From @chold1 on Twitter.

There was a STH event at tonight's Georgia Tech-Oregon game. A lot of WNBA connections there. Paul Westhead was coaching the Oregon Ducks - you might remember him as the coach of the 2007 WNBA Champion Phoenix Mercury if you don't follow men's basketball.

Also at the event were WNBA President Donna Orender, the new Dream owner Kathy Betty, and Chamique Holdsclaw. Since I've had the chance to meet both President Orender and The Claw, I wanted to track down Betty - but she was always where I wasn't. Dang.

Betty gave a speech at halftime. The first advice I'd give the owner is to hold the microphone closer to your mouth - coliseum acoustics don't pick up soft-spoken sound that well.

As you can guess, I was at the game. I'm exhausted. This will probably be the last blog post tonight.

2 comments:

Scarab said...

Lisa Borders was also there. I got to take pics and briefly chat with Donna O, Kathy and Lisa.

Anonymous said...

The sad thing is that the presence of the owner, league president, star player, etc. did not really draw a big crowd for the event. Usual suspects yes, but no new energy. Selling tickets requires staff and resources. I love that she is going to get some big new sponsors (at least for this year) but I worry she has no clue about the resources and effort it takes to sell tickets. No butts in seats = unhappy sponsors not getting value = arm twisting of friends will only last so long.