Monday, November 23, 2009

Erika de Souza: Q & A



The Atlanta Dream website has posted a question-and-answer session with Erika de Souza.

Excerpts from the page:

What do you miss most about Brazil?
My family, especially my grandmother. Brazilian food is not so difficult to find like it was 10 years ago, and Atlanta has so many great Brazilian restaurants. After so many years playing abroad, I can adjust to almost all cultural differences (but talking about the US is not so difficult because I love the American way of life). My family is always what I miss the most.

What do you think was the key thing to your transformation into the Beast from Brazil, as Coach Meadors called you, from your former level of play? You were amazing to watch this year and a decidedly more aggressive, formidable player.
Practice is the key to reach any goal and I have been giving my best since I started playing. I can say also that the key in my case is my self confidence. When you believe in yourself, people believe in you too and help you to bring out the best in yourself.

How long have you known Izi and how many teams have you played on together?
I have known Izi since I was 17, when we played together in Osasco, Brazil. We just played there together and in Atlanta and on the Brazilian selection teams too.


Definitely check it out.

No comments: