Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Shalee Lehning Getting Schooled



Shalee Lehning writes a new blog entry for her local paper. As it turns out, when she's not on the court for the Dream she has plenty to occupy her time:

I am a little behind on my blog because I have started school now so my free time has been taken up with reading text books and studying. Doesn’t that sound like fun?! There is nothing quite like sitting down to enjoy a 32-page chapter out of a text book

Yep, Lehning is working on finishing up her degree from Kansas State:

Most of you are probably wondering how I am taking classes while I’m still in Atlanta playing basketball. My professors have been very helpful and understanding so they are allowing me to do whatever work I can from afar and when I get back at the end of the month I will work overtime to catch up. I am grateful for their willingness to adapt to my situation but they have acknowledged that they appreciate the fact that even as a professional athlete I am still concerned about coming back to finish my degree.

Also in the blog: Lehning's search for pizza on the tough streets of Detroit.

No comments: