Tuesday, September 22, 2015
Some random thoughts....
* Chicago had about as much chance as anyone to not just beat Indiana but to march to a WNBA Championship. There isn't a dominating team this season; as a matter of fact, the last time the best team in the league was this "non-dominant" was that first 1997 season.
* Good lord, if your best scorer/MVP knocks down 40 and you can't win? Pokey Chatman said near the beginning of the season that the team was better offensively without Fowles and worse defensively. Selah.
* The Dream front office is looking pretty good in dealing away Erika de Souza. I love Erika; she didn't help the Sky that much.
* There are some loud Chicago fans that want to fire Pokey Chatman. Good. Atlanta will take her as a general manager any day of the week.
* Yes, New York has the best record in the league. But even with Bill Laimbeer and all of his rings, it's one thing to be a good team and another to win a championship. I just have an instinct that New York isn't going to win a championship and that they'll fall sometime this season. This team needs one more year under its belt to really start cooking. I won't be surprised if they do win, though, there, I've covered all my bases.
* New York filled the (lower part of the) Garden when they lost Game 1; I expect the same for Game 3.
* Meanwhile, Tulsa and Chicago's 3000+ reported attendances at home as they were rolled out of their respective series concern me. Tulsa's is understandable - season ticket holders unable to bear saying goodbye (losing by 30 to Phoenix in Game 1 didn't help).
As for Chicago, a Monday night game is hard going. I just hope the Sky can hang in there.
* No GM named yet in Atlanta. I suspect that my beloved Dream will take its time in filling that position. Maybe Chi-town will let Pokey go and she'll fall into our laps.
at 11:44 AM