Saturday, March 27, 2010

Plenette Pierson Is Simply Misunderstood



Tulsa Shock player Plenette Pierson wants the world to know that she's simply misunderstood in her blog. Hey, it's even in her header:

"I'm known as a WNBA player, WNBA two-time champion, WNBA's inaugural Sixth Woman of the Year, but I'm perceived to be a thug and the Queen of the Detroit's 'Bad Girl' persona. Most people have no idea; simply stated: I'm misunderstood."

In her latest blog entry, Pierson writes about the troubles in getting from America from Israel:

On Thursday, March 18th I was given permission to leave Israel and go home (jumps up and down excited)! Here's where all the problems start, I call US Airways to change my flight they inform me that if I want to leave on Friday, March 19th the change fee would be $800(difference in the price of the ticket) plus $250(change fee), I had to sit back and think how bad did I really want to leave Israel! I decided that I would check out my other options, well my other options were slim pickings because the next time that I could fly on that airlines was on March 27th and I had to pay $400(difference in the price of the ticket) plus $250(change fee), decisions decisions! I opted out out of both those options and just decided to purchase a whole new ticket and leave when I wanted. So when all my plans were finalized, my roommates threw me a going away party at our apartment and quite a few people showed up! It was the nicest thing that has happened to me by my teammates overseas. I had a blast and was sad to leave those guys! We will meet again soon!!

I hope that Pierson blogs as frequently as she's able. If there's any doubt that Pierson would go to Tulsa, it seems to be dispelled in her blog.

No comments: